Dear Customs Officer,
My name is xxx and I am a visitor from P. R. China. I don’t know English at all, so I have to show this letter.
This is the first time I travel to Canada. The purpose of this trip is to attend my son-in-law, xxx’s convocation at xxx on xxx and also visit my daughter, xxx, who is working and living in Toronto now. I plan to stay in Canada for about 2 months.
I brought some used clothes in my luggage with me. Further details about my trip and the inviters are in the enclosed invitation letter. If you have any further questions, could you please introduce me to an interpreter for help? You may call my son-in-law’s telephone (xxx-xxxxxxx) as well.
Thank you very much and have a great day!
1. 中国(China) 加拿大(Canada) 北京(Bei Jing/Peking) 多伦多（Toronto）机票( Air Ticket) 护照（Passport）签证 (Visa) 登机卡（Boarding Pass） 登机口(Boarding gate) 行李（Luggage）行李票（Claim Tag）厕所（Washroom）
Hi, I could not speak English. Do you know where I can get the Chinese/Mandarin service?
2) 我叫xxx。My name is xxx.
3) 我去多伦多看望我女儿和参加我女婿的毕业典礼。I am going to Toronto to visit my daughter and attend my son-in-law’s convocation.
4) 我是头一次来加拿大。This is my first time to visit Canada.
5) 我的行李是我的衣服。My luggage is my used clothes. There is not any prohibited items
Could you please help me and teach me how to call my daughter’s cell phone? Her phone number is xxx and I would like to tell her my flight time. Thank you very much!
Excuse me, could you please tell me where I can take my luggage? Thank you!
8) 我找不到我的行李。I can’t find my luggage.
Excuse me, could you tell me where is the washroom? Thank you!
Excuse me, please give me a cup of（Hot Tea, Water, Hot water, Orange Juice, Milk）. No ice, please. Thank you!
Excuse me, I am a little hungry, would you please give me something to eat? Thank you!
Excuse me, I feel a little cold. Could you give me a blanket/pillow?
13) 请帮我一个忙，行吗？Can you help me? Please?
14) 谢谢你。Thank you very much.
15）我的行李是放在这里吗？May I put my luggage here?
米饭: Rice 面包: Bread 汉堡：Hamburg 方便面: Instant Noodle
牛肉: Beef 鸡肉: Chicken早饭：Breakfast 午饭：Lunch 晚饭：Dinner
茶: Tea 普通水: Water 热水: Hot Water 矿泉水: Spring Water
橙汁: Orange Juice 牛奶: Milk不加冰：No ice